Maintenance engineer-powder coating (893963) Telford, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP30000 per annum + lots of overtime|
The role of the Maintenance Technician is to support the day to day running / operation of Aluminum activities, ensuring continuous functioning of the aluminum plant through engineering maintenance / repairs and conditional monitoring.
- Adherence to all organisational policies, management systems and standard operational procedures, including legal responsibilities in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality.
- Work positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
- Represent the organisation in a positive way as to avoid the damage of corporate image or bringing the company into disrepute.
- Promote and Display the Core Values.
- Ensure the continuous operation of the aluminum finishing processes and standards.
- Undertake repairs to plant and infrastructure when required
- Lead and promote conditional monitoring / reporting activities
- Ensure quality is achieved through attention to detail.
- Maintain polite and good communication with your colleagues at all time.
- Ensure a very high level of housekeeping is maintained at all times in the Plant and offices.
- To improve working practices, systems and processes in the aluminum plant (including project work)
- Co-operate with internal / external engineering support.
- Prioritising workload in-line with production requirements / planning
- Endeavor to find new working practices and learn from past experiences.
- Complete all company documentation as required.
- Liaise with 3rd Part Contractors and suppliers as and when required
- Be prepared to undertake other reasonable duties as required.
- Conformity to engineering / operational requirements.
- Adherence to housekeeping standards
- Development of skills and competence in line with the training plan.
- Clean, neat and tidy approach to work.
- Punctual and adaptable.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a larger team.
- Good polite manner.
- Motivated to learn and develop skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Positive approach to the working environment.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Assertive approach to decision making.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of aluminum finishing / powder coating / Polyamide rolling plant and processes.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to use a PC to an good standard.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Multi-skilled engineer / technician (mechanical and electrical).
- IOSH Managing Safely – (Desirable)