Electrical Project Engineer (kclms) City Of Manchester, England
My client is looking for a Commercial Electrical Engineer to lead its power projects in the North West.
They are looking for an Engineer with HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline and a background in electricity. If you have SAP Authorisation, TP141 & TP144 these are advantageous. They will also offer training as part of the role to attain these qualifications if you don’t already have them.
Other incentives include:
- Company vehicle,
- Overtime and flexible benefits,
- Appropriate training - you will be joining a company dedicated to your progression and career development.
About the role
- Deliver electrical projects and maintenance in a cost-effective manner, demonstrating a dedication to continuous improvement in all our processes;
- Ensure that the electricity transmission network continues to be safe and reliable for everyone;
- You will be key in supporting the day-to-day running, use of resources and allocation of work for projects on site including safety management of our systems;
- Delivery of work packages within level of competence, ensuring productivity, efficiency and utilisation of various work groups by taking responsibility for direct control of staff, and manage performance and project expenditure;
- Ensure safe and reliable commissioning and operation of electrical assets on or from the electricity transmission system, to meet customer requirements and replacement of an ageing asset base;
- Monitor, review and progress work undertaken by contractors, including enacting roles as defined in CDM Regulations;
- Undertake standby and emergency call out duties as part of an agreed standby rota.
- Ability to commission all types of equipment to recognised standards and procedures;
- Effective planning, resource management, communication and supervisory skills;
- Project delivery experience on a full range of complex, multi-interface projects will be required;
- A wide range of experience in substations work and/or on HV cable systems, encompassing electrical, mechanical, civil and telecoms engineering disciplines is required;
- Technical knowledge relating to the electrical and safety aspects of substation plant;
- Proven ability to respond to emergency situations;
- Minimum HNC/Foundation Degree in an engineering discipline, preferably electrical;
- Qualifications leading to membership of IET or similar professional body;
- Senior Authorised Person is desirable, however full training to achieve this authorisation for the role will be provided;
- Advanced Commissioning Engineer TP141 is desirable;
- Principal Contractor Representative (PC) / Site Manager TP144 is desirable;
- NEBOSH General Certificate desirable;
- Full Driving Licence.