HGV LGV Workshop Technician - Widnes (BBBH221wid) Widnes, England
|Salary:||GBP28000 - GBP29000 per annum + pension, holidays, full-time|
HGV/LGV Workshop Technician - Widnes
We are currently recruiting for HGV/LGV Workshop Technicians to join a growing maintenance team in Widnes
The role of the HGV Technician will be to:
- carry out all aspects of maintenance, including servicing, inspection, repair, MOT preparation and breakdowns
- maintain the company's high service levels in health & safety,
- operate safe systems of work and pride in the fleet.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Completion of servicing and repair of vehicles and trailers to MOT standard.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of Road-worthiness.
- Ensure workshop tasks are completed in an efficient manner to the required standard.
- Be flexible and have the ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation.
- Be able to complete inspection documents, job sheets and timesheets to the highest standard.
- Have a strong commitment to health and safety.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers and employees of all levels.
- Maintain a 'can do' attitude, be professional and have good problem solving skills.
Required skills and experiences
It's essential for this role that you possess the following:
- NVQ Level 3 qualified Commercial Vehicle Technician, but equivalent qualifications considered
- Proven previous HGV and trailer maintenance experience
- Tanker experience would be beneficial
- HGV / LGV and ADR licences are preferred..
- Safety Focused Attitude
- Drive for delivering a quality service
- A level of IT literacy is required (training of in-house system will be given)
Remuneration and working hours
This is a full time permanent employment opportunity
- Monday to Friday, days
- Rota to work every third Saturday
- Average working 47 hours per week
- Competitive rates of pay
- Annual salary c. £28k
- Overtime shifts available as and when required (paid at x 1.5 or x 2.0)
- 28 days paid leave
- Company pension contributions and life assurance for all employees
- Structured growth through continued investment
- Great training and career development opportunities
- Full Uniform and Safety Clothing
- Cycle to work scheme
Operating in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia sectors transporting chemical, gas, fuel and foodstuffs, providing all aspects of tank container, road tanker, combined transport services and provide supporting activities which include fleet management, warehousing, drumming and on-site logistics.
We are recruiting for the operating centre located in Widnes, Cheshire.
We are transport recruitment specialists with over 100 years combined recruitment experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible people.
How to apply
Please click apply now via the job site or email CV and covering letter directly.
Successful candidates will be invited for a brief telephone interview with the Hiring Manager, followed by a face to face interview with hiring manager.
Due to high levels of interest, PDRS are only able to respond to successful candidates.
If you haven’t had a response within 7 days of the closing date please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.