HGV Class 1 / LGV CE Shunter Driver (BBBH227) Beeston, England
|Salary:||GBP10.73 - GBP19.2 per annum + paid breaks|
HGV Class 1 / LGV CE Terberg Shunter Driver opportunities, for on-site work at our very well-known Nottingham-based client.
Positions are offered on an ongoing agency basis.
Inductions being held on Monday 22nd July.
As a shunter working for a world-class retailer, you will be part of a dedicated, busy and friendly team. You will be required to operate and manage a high volume of trailer movements (40-50 per shift) across a large site.
Volume of movements is critical to this operation and you will be expected to maintain and exceed the minimum requirements on every shift, with all movements monitored and reported weekly.
- Ongoing agency work for the right candidates
- Maintain high industry standards of safety, health and security.
- Maintain legal compliance for road transport legislation.
- Be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Have a responsible and friendly attitude.
- Monday-Saturday, varied start times to suit.
- Days/afters/nights & some Sunday shifts available.
- Assignments usually 10 hour shifts, sometimes 11-12 hours when busy.
- Guaranteed min 8 hour shifts with all breaks paid.
HGV Class 1 Driver hourly pay rates (LTD / PAYE):
- Mon - Fri days = £13.34 / £10.73
- Mon - Fri nights = £15.30 / £12.26
- Saturdays = £17.27 / £13.79
- Sundays = £19.23 / £15.31
- Modern technology
- Great ongoing opportunities
- Some flexibility in working hours exist
- Company pension contributions for all employees
- You may benefit from previous Terberg / shunting experience, however the client will provide you with appropriate vehicle training.
Required skills and experiences
- You will have held your HGV Class 1/CE licence for a minimum of 2 years.
- You must not have more than 6 points for minor offences (maximum 2) on your driving licence.
- Due to insurance limitations this vacancy is only open to drivers who also have a minimum 180 days proven experience within the last 2 years.
- Shunting experience desirable but not essential. (Terberg an advantage).
Note: We CANNOT accept any CD, CU, DD, DR, IN or TT licence endorsements.
We are driver recruitment & transport specialists with over 100 years combined experience. We make it our priority to recruit safe, professional, mature and responsible drivers. You can find more information about our business at www.pdrs.co.uk .
How to apply
Please apply immediately via the job site or email CV and covering letter.