Senior Buyer (30000) Lyon, France
|Salary:||EUR45000 - EUR50000 per annum|
Position: Senior Buyer
Duration: Full time – Permanent
Location: Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, France
This is a permanent position to take responsibility for purchasing industrial components, such as bought out machining, sheet-metal & fabrication, laser cutting, subcontract engineering processes, working for an established agricultural machinery manufacturer.
The suitable candidate will be required to purchase a range of engineered products from raw sheet steel and laser cut/machined components as well as some hydraulics, and electrical products. The majority of suppliers are based in France with a small percentage spread across Central and Eastern Europe.
Responsibilities for Senior Buyer will include:
- Identify new suppliers to source metal components from production, this may include raw sheet steel and/or laser cut profile and fabrications.
- Negotiate costs, lead times and cost down agreements wherever possible.
- Monitor supplier quality feedback and escalate accordingly.
- Submit RFQ’s and negotiate the best possible prices where required.
- Generate weekly/monthly reports on stock levels and issues.
- Work closely with production to calculate expected volumes and feedback on quality assurance.
- Maintain stock integrity through use of ERP system.
- Purchase bought out machined components, fabrication services such as laser cutting, fabrication and welding, electronics, hydraulic components such as hoses, valves and cylinders as well as raw sheet steel.
The suitable candidate for Senior Buyer must have the following qualifications and experience:
Supplier sourcing for sheet metal, laser cut profile from Central and Eastern Europe.
- Experience of purchasing sheet metal and/or laser cut profiles is essential.
- Able to read basic engineering drawing is highly advantageous.
- Able to speak French fluently and English to business standard is essential.
- Purchasing or supply chain qualification is ideal but not essential, providing hands-on experience.
If you have the required skills and experience, then please click on the link to apply. In return we can offer an attractive remuneration with excellent career progression working for a very well-established French Manufacturer.