Customer Care Specialist - Work at Home (50978) Springfield, Ohio
Customer Care Specialist
What is a Customer Care Specialist at Assurant?
The role of a Customer Care Specialist is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and clients. You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact and you care about helping others. The Customer Experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You are a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find resolution.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on their feet and enjoys a challenge
- You thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
- You believe the details are important and actively listen for them
- You go above and beyond because you want to, not because you have to
What You Will Like
- The diversity - every day and every customer is different
- The opportunity to demonstrate your unique problem solving abilities to our customers and to the rest of your team
- The difference in the value Assurant places on great customer service and the recognition you will receive from our customers and our leaders when you exceed our customer’s expectations
- Opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 300 global company
- Competitive starting pay in a highly motivated pay for performance environment
- Handle in-bound calls from our customers by researching and resolving loan level inquiries in hazard insurance, mortgage banking and property loss.
- This role requires listening to our customer’s concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issue.
- Because every customer is different we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers current challenges, solve them, and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges.
- You may be asked to participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities, and adjust priorities as requested.
- A robust paid training environment that enables you to learn the business, the systems, policies and most importantly how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges. Training will be a combination of classroom, online and side-by-side observations.
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 300 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 16 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
- Strong attention to detail
- Love talking to people and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Relentless drive to own the customers problem and resolve it
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work well in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task using technology, including call handling, loan level review and call documentation
- Minimum high school diploma or GED, and 1 year work experience required