Storage Administrator (041) Sterling, Virginia
The resource will be primarily responsible for the design, configuration and implementation of data storage environment with emphasis on Network Attached Storage (NAS) and related connectivity. The role will provide both guidance and hands on build support.
- Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
- Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating storage needs.
- Serves as the first tier to respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades, dealing with requests that are more routine in nature.
- Troubleshoots and resolves routine problems in an efficient manner with minimal supervision and escalates items that are more complex and works in partnership to reach resolution.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
- Support RAID development
- Form aggregate flexible volumes to store user accessible data
- Provide input on file-based protocols such as NFS, CIFS, FTP, TFTP, and HTTP to support network storage
- Provide input on block-based protocols such as Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI
- Provide expert input on boot procedures to optimize high- and low-level storage functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience as a Storage Admin.
- Experience with:
- Storage technologies
- Pure Storage
- Backup Strategies – Cohesity DataProtect
- Infrastructure and Data Center Technologies and Operations
Other Job Specific Skills
- Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve basic/routine system hardware, software or networking related problems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
- Exceptional customer service skills.