Quantity Surveyor - Civils & Groundworks (QS - Groundworks) Cheshire, England
|Salary:||GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum + Car Allowance, Pension, Holiday|
Quantity Surveyor - Civil & Groundworks - Cheshire - £35,000 - £45,000 plus package
I am working with a civils and groundworks sub contractor who are experiencing a sustained period of growth due to a significant order book
Experienced Groundworks & Civils Quantity Surveyor/Estimator Required
Opportunity to join a growing Groundworks and Civil Engineering company with an expanding client base.
- Submission of fortnightly valuations to the client/clients representative and day-to-day management of contracts
- Preparation of tenders and estimates for submission
- Feasibility studies of client requests
- Preparation of contracts, including details regarding quantities of required materials alongside procurement
- Sub contract management from procurement to final account agreement
- Planning, forecasting and reporting project commercial performance
- Forecasting and managing cash flow and fortnightly applications for payment
- Site visits, assessments and projections for future work
- On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Applicants should be excellent communicators and possess impressive numeracy skills to handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role.
- Applicants must have a passion for construction and an understanding of finance, methods and materials.
- Excellent IT and maths skills are essential, as well as attention to detail.
- Given the demands of the construction world and its frequent challenges, applicants should demonstrate innovative and creative approaches to problem solving and an ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment.
- Practical experience.
- Teamwork, report-writing and negotiation skills.
- Applicants must be able to reach deadlines
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor with a civil engineering background.
- Experience of JCT, NEC forms of contract
- Minimum requirement HNC/HND qualification.
- BSC Quantity Surveying qualification preferred but not essential.