Assistant Payroll Manager
Location: High Wycombe, England
Salary: GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum
We are presently looking for an Assistant Payroll Manager to join a well-known growing Market leading FTSE listed company based in High Wycombe. The Assistant Payroll Manager will provide full Payroll administration and analytics to all internal and external clients while maintaining a high level of customer service and compliance with company operating procedures, security information and legal obligations. The Assistant Manager will work closely with the Payroll Manager to support all project related work
- Managing the day to day payroll operations of the business to include Expenses administration and processing.
- Day to day Management of the Executive Payroll to ensure efficiency and accuracy with a high level of customer service to the companies Employees and third party clients.
- Maintaining compliance with internal processes; data protection; security of employee information; legal obligations and operational objectives whilst adhering to Company and Statutory deadlines.
- Working within the Payroll Manager and the companies Employee Services team providing effective, accurate and timely administrative support to the Shared Services function in accordance with the department Service Level Agreements, agreed Key Performance Indicators and system functionality.
- Ensuring that all activities are managed in accordance with Provider guidelines, Employment Law, Data Protection & HMRC Legislative Regulations, Company contractual rules and defined Business arrangements and company Policy.
- Providing cover for processing all aspects of the company’s Payroll including Expenses as and when required.
- Processing forms; amendments and updates to employee records for Staff Payroll.
- Completion of periodic & annual renewals; returns; recharge and accrual journals and reporting for the company; HMRC & third-party providers.
- Collating, verifying and processing all employee information relating to new joiners, leavers, opt in/outs, changes, employee lifecycle changes, earning level calculations and updates to personal details for a number of company schemes such as Childcare Vouchers and Gift Vouchers.
- Working with the Payroll Manager, Assistant Payroll Manager and ESC Team Leaders to diarise and plan routine & periodic payroll tasks to meet Pay run processing deadlines, monthly reporting deadlines, annual returns and changes to legislation.
- Developing IT super-user skills & working knowledge of the company systems and database
- Administration to include Microsoft Dynamics, Payrite and PAS P11D systems software.
- Reconciliation of PAYE for all payrolls and send payments to HMRC by required dates.
- Checking of payrolls/submissions to RSM for processing on a weekly/monthly basis.
- RTI/FPS transmissions to HMRC via Payrite
- Payment of adhoc invoices to third-party suppliers.
- Diploma in Payroll Management or Similar Qualification.
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience in payroll within a large and diverse organisation.
- Excellent communication skill with the ability to communicate in writing, on a one to one basis and via the phone with all levels including management, team members and internal/external customers.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines in a time critical environment while using own initiative.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Professional and customer-centric attitude.
- Confidentiality and total discretion is paramount to this role.
- Support Finance with reconciliation of the payroll balance sheet accounts
- Monitor overpayment log to ensure this is updated in a timely manner and to liaise with finance to track monies received
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.