Location: Southampton, England
Salary: GBP30000 - GBP33000 per annum
One of the market leading engineering and manufactoring compnanies is looking for a Manufacturing Technician to join thier Components Team in Southampton on a permanent basis.
As the Manufacturing Technician you will manufacture high quality components, sub-assemblies, jigs and fixtures in an efficient and effective manner to support build and on time delivery of products. This will involve the use of both conventional and CNC machine tools as well as inspection tools and techniques.
Your Key Responsibility Areas:
• Manufacturing high quality components, sub-assemblies, jigs and fixtures.
• Provide technical and process support for all internal customers.
• Training Manufacturing Operatives in manufacturing/assembly processes.
• Providing supervision, training & coaching to Manufacturing Operatives and Apprentices.
• Proactively contributing to process improvement throughout the business.
• Operating conventional & CNC machine tools and use inspection tools and techniques, to support all aspects of product builds.
• Support new product introduction and all development build requirements.
• Proactively contribute inputs to process improvement to ensure continuous improvement within the manufacturing function.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
• Proven relevant technical proficiency either through qualification (e.g. ONC/BTEC) or equivalent experience and knowledge.
• Proficient with programming and operating both CNC and conventional machine tools.
• Fully conversant with designs and detailed engineering drawings prepared to ISO Standards.
• Demonstrate the ability to set and check inspection equipment.
• Capable of consistently producing repeatable, high accuracy output.
• Ability to understand and generate written instructions and to record work performed.
• Ability to quickly perform tasks and perform well with small, low volume items of high value.
• Ability to assess, review and understand complicated requirements.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to pass skills onto Engineers, Apprentices & Operators as required.
• Able to assess a working environment and assist in process improvement.
• Working with a wide variety of machine tools.
• Proficient in the use of Heidenhain and Mazatrol software.
• Proficient in the use of SAP.
• Experience with IR detector or vacuum technology.
• Computer Literate - Basic Word, Excel, data input etc.
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".