Location: Royston, England
18 Month Contract
A complex mechanical systems, electronics and software company is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join their highly qualified team on a contractual basis.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that company products can be manufactured meeting quality, delivery and cost targets.
• Work with designers and engineers to give Design for Manufacture input during product development projects.
• Work with procurement specialists to develop a robust high quality supply chain.
• Develop and implement sound manufacturing methods covering all processes from supply chain through configuration, commissioning and packing.
• Improve efficiency of production using best practice methods.
• Solve manufacturing issues by providing guidance and prioritisation, performing root cause analysis and implementing solutions such as jigs and fixtures, process change or design change.
• Develop, maintain and improve manufacturing documentation.
• Capacity planning.
• Batch release.
Good degree in Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline or substantial experience in manufacturing engineering of electromechanical assemblies.
Key Job Skills:
To be effective, the candidate will be expected to work with the minimum amount of instruction and provide end to end manufacturing and process support therefore needs to be responsive, methodical and driven.
The candidate is likely to have gained experience in the development and manufacture of either special purpose machinery, automated process machinery or scientific instruments, along with a good understanding of the core 3rd party processes used to manufacture and supply parts for these systems.
These wide ranging skills will be used to support a business manufacturing unit producing one of the companies’ core revenue products in-house at small to medium volumes.
• Excellent manufacturing engineering and process development skills.
• Experience of the design of jigs and fixtures for manufacturing.
• Sound knowledge and experience of NPI processes.
• Experience of developing and maintaining manufacturing documentation.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Sound knowledge of engineering principles and best practice.
• Sound understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM).
• Able to provide leadership.
• Commercial awareness.
• Effective management and prioritisation of tasks.
• Team based style.
• Motivated by continuous improvement.
• Good understanding and experience of Lean manufacturing.
• Customer focus.
• Previous experience with special purpose machinery.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".