Network Security Engineer (BBBH2868) Manchester, England
|Salary:||GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum|
Recann has partnered with a leading healthcare company to recruit a passionate Network Security Engineer based within the Greater Manchester area.
You will be responsible for day-to-day administration of network security. It is a hands-on technical position with responsibility for implementing and monitoring a secure network environment. This is a pivotal role within the company as you'll be providing daily support to employees, stakeholders and users.
You will develop, implement and follow IT policies and procedures according to quality standards ISO9001 and ISO 27001. The ideal person will have good experience monitoring applications, infrastructure, platforms and networks to ensure it meets the agreed levels of security and availability.
- Experience of supporting and defending multiple diverse technology stacks standard across enterprise IT operations including (but not limited to) IBM/SAN, Linux, WIFI, Cisco switches/routers, email and security systems
- Knowledge of hardware security, including Security benchmarking and hardening techniques.
- Experience of installation, configuration, management and administration of network infrastructure: e.g. firewall, switches, routers and VPN.
- Experience of configuration, management and administration of network services: e.g. DHCP, DNS, IP address allocation planning, VPN, RADIUS/TACACS+, Syslog, NTP.
- Experience of configuration, management and administration of network management systems.
- WAN/LAN, TCP/IP, HTTP(S), VPNs, Cisco, Routing Protocols
- Knowledge of protocols in the Internet Protocol Suite: e.g. TCP; UDP; ICMP and of routing protocols.
- Knowledge of one of more of the following: Microsoft Direct Access, Microsoft Always On VPN and Cisco AnyConnect
If you're ambitious and enjoy working with a host of technologies, apply today for a confidential chat!