.NET Developer (BBBH1646) Lincolnshire, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum|
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the business through the development of new software applications to meet defined requirements. The role will also involve the development of existing software applications in order to implement essential/desirable improvements
This individual will work with the IT programme management, colleagues and business owners to scope software product features, define requirements for development, system upgrades, and workflow optimisation.
The successful candidate will also ensure code is written to a high standard and develop solutions that meet customer expectations. Furthermore the individual will facilitate communication and understand requirements between stakeholders and technical teams. The role will also assist the IT department by providing support, design, test and configuration management, and will ensure technical and test documentation is produced and maintained.
The successful candidate will also help define service strategy and working practices in line with Company Policy and processes to maximise systems availability and performance to support the business operations of the clients Support Services and its clients. He/she will ensure that service solutions in place have sufficient capacity to meet varying business demand, and are maintainable, expandable, fit for purpose, and capable of delivering ongoing business value and benefit.
The individual will strive to create and maintain positive communications to ensure effective working relationships with individuals, teams and colleagues. This is a ‘hands-on’ position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Help to define, develop and implement IT solutions, ensuring that all necessary control mechanisms are in place to monitor activity and ensure delivery within agreed time / cost / quality parameters.
- Ensure that solutions are delivered to the agreed methodology; in line with the IT programme managers/the businesses requirements.
- Assist the IT senior management team with strategy, service development and planning as required
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of current practice in own area of expertise.
- Plans, facilitates, and conducts requirements definition sessions and meetings.
- Captures requirements, creates use cases, and prepares written functional specifications for subsequent feasibility analysis, technical design and implementation.
- Analyses data and provides domain and technology expertise, research and recommendations to meet business and functional requirements as applicable to project or product need.
- Identifies gaps or inefficiencies between business market requirements and existing or proposed solutions and develops recommendations for improvement
- Write and execute code, produce test strategy, test plans and scripts, technical designs and configuration management documentation.
- Maintain documentation.
- Assist the business to integrate systems as required.
- Develop both existing and new systems as required by the business.
Skills and Qualifications
- Systems delivery experience over full lifecycle
- Ability to plan and manage
- Good analytical skills for problem solving.
- Ability to produce good quality documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to manage stakeholders
- Understand/Develop and Test a variety of systems development, such as .Net, VB6, ASP and SSIS
- Experience planning, facilitating and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Hold a full driving licence as travel to other locations will be required
- Systems development methodologies knowledge and experience is desirable but not essential
- Business analysis knowledge is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within the Policing market sector is desirable but not essential