1st / 2nd line support (BBBH1175) Gourock, Scotland
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP40000 per annum + Part Remote|
Recann are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with a large business services client based in Gourock.
This a varied role in which you will experience wide exposure to a range of issues across multiple technical platforms.
As important as the technology, is your personal ambition and drive to work in an agile development environment, supporting first time delivery for our customers and adding value throughout the project lifecycle. Your technical excellence and agility will allow you to assess and resolve customer issues as part of a wider application support team. You should have a strong technical background in application support, grounded in large scale projects; passionate about technology and keeping up to date within the IT sector.
- Assessing the priority of a ticket and responding within the required customer SLA time
- Maintain SLA including maximum allowable response and rectification times and follow escalation procedures.
- Timely escalation to 2/3rd level support
- Some P1 tickets must be responded to within 5 minutes so real- time monitoring of the trouble ticket system is
- To understand the application in detail from a technical as well as Functional perspective
- Ability to work in multiple application, platform and technologies
- To provide 1st and 2nd Level technical support queries professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer
- Technical assessment and impact troubleshooting and resolve if
- Tracking ticket progress against SLA including maximum allowable response and rectification times and implementing escalation
- Timely communication on ticket progress and completion – produce
- To maintain user security on all
- Ensure Help Desk coverage during business hours and on-call support as required
- General administration duties as and when required – g. creating users on the portal according to setup guidelines attached.
- Any other duties required to ensure an effective and efficient helpdesk service is delivered in accordance with business management systems and Quality Control
Key Technical and Personnel Skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating
- 2+ years’ experience on application support helpdesk
- Knowledge to SQL / Word press advantageous
- Red hat Linux Enterprise understanding desirable
- Knowledge of MySQL/ MariaDB
- Knowledge of .Net / C# advantageous
- Knowledge of PHP scripting desirable
- Configuration Management understanding
- Excellent telephone
- Excellent Communication skills
- Drive to continue to improve on a daily basis
- Knowledge of Application Support process model
- Basic knowledge of IT Security Compliance desirable
- Bachelors of Science degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or other related field