Sous Chef (VC9245) Scarborough, England
|Salary:||GBP25000 - GBP28000 per annum + Share of Tips|
Job Title – Sous Chef
Reference No. – VC9245
Salary - £25,000 - £28,000
Job Type – Permanent
Location – Scarborough
Recruiting for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team at an award-winning Gastro Pub on the outskirts of Scarborough, this is a full-time role offering competitive rates of pay with a share of the tips and the possibility of progression within the group. The successful applicant will be experienced working with fresh, local and seasonal food and be comfortable cooking up to 100 covers on busy services and ideally come from a Gastro Pub background, they will be adaptable and able to fit into an existing team with the chance to cover for The Head Chef during holidays and time off including stock and staff management.
The Company – This is a privately-owned Gastro Pub with Rooms on the outskirts of Scarborough, part of a small group of venues in the Scarborough area. This venue is a friendly village Gastro Pub and prides itself on offering a wide range of freshly prepared seasonally thought out dishes, alongside a fine selection of drinks served from the bar. The venue has a selection of bespoke bedrooms which give the venue a good all year-round trade.
- To be involved in the day to day running of the kitchen including preparation, cooking & presentation of fresh food daily.
- In the absence of the Head Chef take complete control of the kitchen including stock and staff management.
- Work with the Head Chef in the planning of menus
- Ensure all relevant kitchen documents are up to date
- Comply with all Health & Safety, Food Safety and COSHH Requirements
- As a Sous Chef you will be involved in the planning and running of special functions and events
- Be actively involved in the management of stock and staff alongside the Head Chef
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- Experience working at Sous Chef Level or Chef de Partie wanting to progress
- Relevant Catering Qualifications
- Experience working in a similar catering venue
- Access to your own transport
Benefits – The role of Sous Chef is offering a competitive salary of up to £28,000 per year, you will be expected to work 5 out of 7 days and up to 45 hours per week, the shift patterns may vary and would include split & straight shifts and would include all day parts such as breakfast/lunch & dinner, but you will need access to your own transport as the venue is located on the outskirts of Scarborough. In the role you will receive a share of the tips from the venue, have access to meals while you are working & be able to take advantage of discounts at the other venues in the area on both food and accommodation.