Senior Sous Chef (VC10035) York, England
|Salary:||GBP26000 - GBP26000 per annum|
Job Title – Senior Sous Chef
Reference No. –VC10035
Salary - £26,000
Job Type – Permanent
Location – York
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Sous Chef in this new Gastro Pub on the outskirts of York you will be part of the strong kitchen team lead daily by the Head Chef overseen by the award-winning Executive Chef. You will be producing high quality locally sourced seasonal dishes to specifications set by the Executive Chef. The successful Chef will proactively assist in ensuring the overall quality and effectiveness of the kitchen, you will ensure consistent standards in all areas of the kitchen are met, the main aim being guest care and satisfaction. At times you will be leading the kitchen team and take sole charge of the delivery of the food in the venue.
The Company – This newly opened Gastro Pub based on the outskirts of York has created a warm & friendly atmosphere for up to 100 covers, you will be part of a 5 person strong kitchen team creating dishes and developing the menu in the line with the vision of the Executive Chef & General Manager. Due to the location of the venue you would need access to your own transport.
- In conjunction with the team, ensure the consistent smooth running of food production area within the designated areas.
- Maintaining a high level of food quality and production with the aim of exceeding guests’ expectations
- Supervise the work of the kitchen team allocating duties and responsibilities
- To assist the Head Chef in supervising all food preparation and production
- Compliance with food safety legislation
- Ensure good communication throughout the kitchen department at all times
- Deputise for the Head Chef in their absence
- To adhere to the food allergens regulations
- Experience to a similar level or looking to make that step up
- Experience within a Gastro Pub environment
- NVQ Level 2 or above
- Basic Food Hygiene
- The ability to work independently and resourcefully
- Access to your own transport due to the operating hours and location of the venue
Benefits –As Senior Sous Chef you can earn a yearly salary up to £26,000 working up to 45 – 50 hours a week over 5 days, the shifts will include breakfast, evenings, weekends & Bank Holidays the majority of shifts will be straight although there will be the expectation to complete occasional split shifts depending on the needs of the business. You will also earn a share of the tips from the business and have the chance to develop your skills with a strong emphasis on staff development.