Junior Sous Chef (VC8022) Scarborough, England
|Salary:||GBP22000 - GBP24000 per annum|
As Junior Sous Chef in this Scarborough based award winning Hotel you will be working with the newly appointed Head Chef striving to meet and better the already high standards of this venue. The successful Chef will proactively assist in ensuring the overall quality and effectiveness of the kitchen, you will ensure consistent standards in all areas of the kitchen are met, the main aim being guest care and satisfaction.
The Company – This award-winning Hotel in Scarborough operates to very high standard serving locally sourced seasonal food over breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as offering Afternoon Tea 7 days a week.
- In conjunction with the team, ensure the consistent smooth running of food production area within the designated areas, especially fine dining
- Maintaining a high level of food quality and production wit the aim of exceeding guests expectations
- Supervise the work of the kitchen team allocating duties and responsibilities
- To assist the Head Chef in supervising all food preparation and production
- Compliance with food safety legislation
- Ensure good communication throughout the kitchen department at all times
- Deputise for the Head Chef in their absence
- To adhere to the food allergens regulations
- Experience to a similar level or looking to make that step up
- Rosette experience is a bonus but not essential
- NVQ Level 2 or above
- Basic Food Hygiene
- The ability to work independently and resourcefully
Benefits – As Junior Sous Chef you can earn a yearly salary up to £24,000 working up to 45 hours a week over 5 days, the shifts will include evenings, weekends & Bank Holidays but there will be no split shifts an only occasionally will you be required to cover the breakfast shift. The restaurant holds an AA Rosette and in time will be pushing for a second Rosette.
For further details please contact Rob Lazenby at Castle Hospitality on 01723 500643 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org