Hospitality General Manager (RL12830) Scarborough, England
|Salary:||GBP28000 - GBP30000 per annum + Bonus Package|
Job Title – General Manager
Reference No. – RL12830
Salary - £28,000 - £30,000
Job Type – Permanent
Location – Scarborough
The post of General Manager is to deliver a first-class hospitality experience to its clientele of this multi-purpose venue. You will be working with the owners and senior management in running the establishment with a very hand on approach. You will be instrumental in the successful running of all aspects of the business ensuring that is it financially and commercially viable. As General Manager you will be responsible for the overseeing of an 80-seat function room and 150 seat restaurant and bar area hosting weddings, parties, band and tribute nights. You will also be responsible for the management of the 17 bedrooms within the hotel and tasked with ensuring occupancy levels are monitored and priced re actively throughout the year
The Company – This is a privately-owned venue in Scarborough that operates a 7 day a week food and drink service across all day parts including breakfast due to the rooms located above the venue. In its busy periods they are serving up to 1,500 covers per week with space to cater for functions and events up to 80 people and holds weddings, corporate events and parties.
- Meet overall business targets in collaboration with the Operations Manager, development of the vision and key strategies for the venue.
- With the Operations Manager plan the annual and periodic budgets for the venue and project work, so as to meet the overall business targets. Ensure these are monitored and maintained.
- With the support of the Head Chef, form strong relationships with national and local food suppliers ensuring that the venue benefits from these strategic partnerships.
- Management of the company’s Food Safety Management system in accordance with local environmental health. Leadership of venue staff to ensure that the venue scores highly on all environmental health audits.
- Represent the venue at all levels ensuring business continuity, focused leadership and excellent customer service.
- Controlling of monthly accounts, to ensure that the performance of the staff and venue is assessed and monitored, and that measures are agreed to secure further development of budgetary targets.
- Investigation of shortfalls or overspends against budgets and develop measures to rectify variations so that the overall budgetary targets are realised.
- You will manage a specific induction plan for all levels of venue staff, to include a comprehensive development and training plan. Ensure all staff are fully trained to be knowledgeable in the products and venue whilst delivering a high standard of service.
- Ensure the company’s Health and Safety Policy is fully promoted and arrangements have been made to carry out the policy.
- Be responsible for the actions and work performance of all staff.
- To review customer complaints, feedback explanations and take remedial action as required.
- This role requires the successful candidate to have at least three year's experience at Assistant Manager level or above in a catering operation.
- Appropriate level of experience and understanding of delivering a high-quality dining experience in a restaurant/pub venue.
- Proven track record in P & L control.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills at levels appropriate for the Accountability's of the Post.
- Numeracy and ability to read and understand accounts and other financial data, as appropriate for the Accountability's of the Post.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment catering for high volumes of covers
- Demonstrable leadership skills and ability to train staff to the required standard of the group. Preferable
Benefits – The role of General Manager is offering a salary up to £30,000 per year, you will be expected to work 5 out of 7 days and up to 50 hours per week, you would be mainly working straight shifts, but there may be a possibility you would need to work some split shifts involving evening, weekends and bank holidays. Ideally you would require your own transport although there is a bus route. Alongside your salary you will have the chance to work towards a yearly performance related bonus, discount on food and accommodation at this site and others within the group, meals on duty