Restaurant Manager (VC10104) Malton, England
|Salary:||GBP25000 - GBP27000 per annum|
Job Title – Restaurant Manager
Reference No. – VC10104
Salary - £25,000 - £27,000
Job Type – Permanent
Location – Malton
I am recruiting for an experienced Restaurant Manager based in the Food Capital of Yorkshire, Malton, with a salary up to £27,000 depending on the experience of the candidate. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the restaurant including the private dining, events and functions that are hosted at the venue. This position is permanent and offers full-time hours working on a rota 5 days over 7, including weekends, evenings and bank holidays. You will be an excellent motivator and leader, with a focus on guest satisfaction and have strong management experience working in a similar boutique, bistro restaurant venue.
The Company – This bespoke, boutique seventeenth century Coaching Inn in Malton is a popular restaurant and events venue with rooms, with the focus been food. With a restaurant & bar area that can cater for up to 100 covers serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, alongside a thriving events business that is hosted on site.
- Overall running & management of the Restaurant
- Organisation of staff including rotas and delegation of the team
- Liaising with the Assistant Restaurant Manager and Trainee Manager for the smooth running of the Restaurant & Events
- Full responsibility of the recruitment of staff for the restaurant alongside the functions
- Taking a lead in the training and development of the existing and future Restaurant Staff to ensure good retention is achieved
- Comply with all Health & Safety, Food Safety and COSHH Requirements
- Lead in the closing and opening procedures of the restaurant for breakfast, lunch & dinner services
- Be actively involved in the management of stock alongside the Kitchen & Bar Managers
- Similar experience in a boutique bistro style restaurant environment
- Proven experience in the management of staff and training and developing programs
- Be able to motivate and build relationships within the teams
- Experience working with budgets and forecasts including wage percentages
- To work in a professional manor
- Experience using Restaurant Diary on-line booking system or similar
Benefits – The role of Restaurant Manager is offering a competitive salary of up to £27,000 per year, you will be expected to work 5 out of 7 days and up to 50 hours per week, you would be expected to work evenings, weekends & bank holidays and can take advantage of a share of the tips. The shifts you would be expected to work would be predominately straight shifts either mornings or evenings with occasional back shifts or splits if the business requires. Due to the location of the business it is easily accessible in the centre of Malton and does have a car park for staff, although there is no live in available, so you would have to be able to get to and from the venue easily.