Sous Chef (VC8234) Pickering, England
|Salary:||GBP22000 - GBP25000 per annum + Share of Tips & Live In avaialble|
Job Title – Sous Chef
Reference No. – VC8234
Salary - £22,000 - £25,000
Job Type – Permanent
Location – Pickering
Recruiting for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team at an independent family owned Brew Pub near Pickering, this is a full-time role offers competitive rates of pay with a share of the tips and the possibility of progression to Head Chef within 6 months. The successful applicant will be experienced working with fresh, local and seasonal food and be comfortable cooking up to 100 covers on busy services and ideally come from a Gastro Pub/Restaurant background, they will be adaptable and able to fit into an existing team, working closely with the business owners. This role will encourage the applicant to develop their own menus and really take the business forward pushing the event side and private dining.
The Company – This privately-owned Brew Pub is well established in the local area and runs bedrooms, self-catering accommodation and a small camp site that means they have a good flow of guests through the pub. You will be part of a strong team that serves up to 800 covers per week over 7 days including offering a small function and event space that is developing trade with weddings and private events linked to the brewery. Progression is key to this business and they are looking for someone to step into the Head Chef role in the coming months and with how fast the business is developing they need someone who wants to drive the pub forward. The role can offer live in for the right applicant otherwise you would need access to your own transport due to the location of the business
- To be involved in the day to day running of the kitchen including preparation, cooking & presentation of fresh food daily.
- To be involved in the planning of menus
- Ensure all relevant kitchen documents are up to date
- Comply with all Health & Safety, Food Safety and COSHH Requirements
- As a Sous Chef you will be involved in the planning and running of special functions and events
- Be actively involved in the management of stock and staff alongside the Head Chef
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- Experience working at Sous Chef Level or Chef de Partie wanting to progress
- Relevant Catering Qualifications
- Experience working in a similar catering venue
- Access to your own transport or desire to live in
Benefits – The role of Sous Chef is offering a competitive salary of up to £25,000 per year, you will be expected to work 5 out of 7 days and up to 45 hours per week, you will be required to work split shifts, but you will need access to your own transport as the venue is located in the Pickering area. In the role you will receive a share of the tips from the venue, have access to meals while you are working.