Chef (RL13095) Thirsk, England
|Salary:||GBP9.97 - GBP9.97 per hour|
Job Title – Chef
Reference No. – RL13095
Salary - £9.97 per hour
Job Type – Permanent
Location – Thirsk, North Yorkshire
As a Chef you will be a part of a friendly and professional team in a permanent role working over 40 hours a week on straight shifts mainly consisting of weekdays. The role brings variety as well as structure and you will be a part of a team working on over 150 functions and events throughout the year using fresh, local and seasonal produce.
The Company – Situated in rural North Yorkshire this multipurpose venue serves up to 2000 meals per day, including banquets, weddings and conferences for up to 400 people.
- Liaising with the Senior Chef on duty with regards to menus, diets and numbers daily
- Responsibility for the preparation and presentation of high-quality meals and services at the required times
- Preparing for and assisting with special functions
- Contributing ideas with regards to menu development
- Being flexible with regards to the demands of the business
- Monitoring all Health and Safety aspects within all areas of the kitchen including storage of all food stuffs, stock rotation, date labelling and documentation of temperature controls
- Ensuring prep and mis en-place are always kept to an acceptable level
- Dealing constructively and proactively with customer feedback, both positive and negative
- Undertaking any other duties as reasonable to the role and in support of department
- Experience of providing a high level of culinary skills and customer service
- 706/2 qualification or equivalent
- Awareness of Health & Safety in the work place
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene
- Own transport due to business location
Benefit –The working week is 5 out of 7 days 40 hours a week working a variety of straight shifts rarely including evenings and weekends. The role of Chef pays £9.96 per hour and benefits include pension, meals on shift, subsidised gym, swim & golf memberships and the cycle to work scheme.