Junior Sous Chef (VC8022) York, England
|Salary:||GBP21000 - GBP24000 per annum + Share of Tips|
Job Title – Junior Sous Chef
Reference No. – VC9301
Salary - £21,000 - £24,000
Job Type – Permanent
Location – York
As Junior Sous Chef in this new restaurant on the outskirts of York you will be part of the strong kitchen team lead by the newly appointed Head Chef striving to produce high quality locally sourced seasonal dishes . The successful Chef will proactively assist in ensuring the overall quality and effectiveness of the kitchen, you will ensure consistent standards in all areas of the kitchen are met, the main aim being guest care and satisfaction.
The Company – This new restaurant based on the outskirts of York will create a warm & friendly atmosphere for up to 100 covers, you will be part of a 5 person strong kitchen team creating dishes and developing the menu in the line with the vision of the Head Chef & General Manager. Due to the location of the venue you would need access to your own transport.
- In conjunction with the team, ensure the consistent smooth running of food production area within the designated areas, especially fine dining
- Maintaining a high level of food quality and production wit the aim of exceeding guests’ expectations
- Supervise the work of the kitchen team allocating duties and responsibilities
- To assist the Head Chef in supervising all food preparation and production
- Compliance with food safety legislation
- Ensure good communication throughout the kitchen department at all times
- Deputise for the Head Chef in their absence
- To adhere to the food allergens regulations
- Experience to a similar level or looking to make that step up
- NVQ Level 2 or above
- Basic Food Hygiene
- The ability to work independently and resourcefully
Benefits –As Junior Sous Chef you can earn a yearly salary up to £24,000 working up to 50 hours a week over 5 days, the shifts will include breakfast, evenings, weekends & Bank Holidays the majority of shifts will be straight although there will be the expectation to complete occasional split shifts depending on the needs of the business. You will also earn a share of the tips from the business and have the chance to develop your skills with a strong emphasis on staff development.
For further details please contact Rob Lazenby at Castle Hospitality on 01723 500643 and email your CV to email@example.com