Sous Chef (VC6498) Whitby, England
|Salary:||GBP26000 - GBP28000 per annum + Live in Available & Share of Tips|
Job Title – Sous Chef
Reference No. – VC6498
Salary - £26,000 - £28,000
Job Type – Permanent
Location – Whitby
We are in the process of securing an Experienced Sous Chef to join the team at an award-winning Hotel & Spa, this is a full-time role offering competitive rates of pay with a share of gratuities and the possibility of progression within the estate along with liver in opportunities. As Sous Chef you would have previous experience in a similar role or looking to progress from a Junior Sous Chef position. You will be working closely with the Executive Chef and the Head Chef, assisting with the daily running of the kitchens and menu development, which could be in the main kitchen or the separate function kitchen, the numbers are manageable and consistently serving 60 plus and catering for weddings and events for up to 120 covers in the separate banqueting suite.
The Company – This unique hospitality venue is nestled among 80 acres of landscaped country grounds and is in the Whitby area of North Yorkshire. The venue is part of a National chain of boutique properties and is the lead venue in the owner’s portfolio. In addition to being in an enviable location, the venue is comprised of two hotels, a selection of stunning cottages, a relaxing spa, including a restaurant and a pop-up restaurant on the grounds of the hotel.
- Able to motivate & delegate effectively, with excellent team leadership skills
- To be involved in the planning of menus
- Ensure all relevant kitchen documents are up to date
- Comply with all Health & Safety, Food Safety and COSHH Requirements
- As a Sous Chef you will be involved in the planning and running of special functions and events
- Be actively involved in the management of stock and staff alongside the Head Chef and Executive Chef
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- Experience working at Sous Chef Level or Junior Sous Chef wanting to progress
- Relevant Catering Qualifications
- Experience working in a similar catering venue
- Access to your own transport, due to the location of the venue
Benefits – The role of Sous Chef is offering a competitive salary of up to £28,000 per year, you will be expected to work straight shifts up to 10hrs over 5 out of 7 days, live in accommodation is available on site otherwise there is free parking available and you would need access to your own transport due to the location of the venue. Other benefits do include excellent opportunities for career development, discounts across the group on accommodation for yourself, family & friends and the possibility to increase your holiday entitlement through your length of service. You will be provided with you own uniform which will be laundered on site and all meals on duty are provided along with a share of gratuities every 3 months.
For further details please contact Rob Lazenby at Castle Hospitality on 01723 500643 and email your CV to email@example.com