Head Chef (BRI-HC) Brighton, England
|Salary:||GBP36400 - GBP36400 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
Brighton is famously recognised as one of the UK’s most open-minded cities, our Rendezvous Casino is perfectly positioned to reflect our Metropolitan Gaming’s open culture.
We are looking for a new face to join our kitchen team. Could it be you?
We understand it's our people who set us apart so, if you are a hard-working team player, we will help you develop your career and be the best that you can be.
Not only do we care about your development but we also have many benefits for our employees. Here is a sample of the many we offer our team:
- 40-hours a week
- Generous shift allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- Extensive employee HUB offering discounts from travel, retail, hospitality to health and well-being
- Regular training and development
- Employee health and well-being services
- Refer a friend incentive - up to £600 (Paid into your employee hub account)
- 50% off food and drinks in all our UK venues
- Financial advice services
- Holiday accrual with length of service
So, are you ready to place your bets on a career with us?
Well keep on reading!
Within this role you must have a strong attention to detail, teamwork, and kitchen processes such following the compliance of food health and safety/hygiene standards and that these are always maintained.
You will need to have the ability to work within a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a high standard of quality dishes produced from the kitchen and operations are moving efficient and effectively.
Proving your abilities will not go unnoticed!
- To supervise kitchen operation so as to ensure that outgoing food is as specified and of a consistently high standard.
- Responsible for ensuring that the kitchen and personnel are operating in such a manner as to maximise revenues and control costs to maximise profitability and to ensure the security and proper recording of revenues and company stocks.
- Responsible for ensuring that Kitchen have the staff, equipment, facilities and raw materials to ensure their proper operational execution and the highest standards of product preparation, presentation and service are achieved.
- To ensure that the requirements of Food & Hygiene and Health & Safety legislation are complied with.
- To ensure that all food prepared and produced at the Club to the highest standard and specifications.
- To carry out the compilation and costing of all menus.
- Assist with training staff to the required standard.
- To ensure that Company accounting and control procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise closely with the Marketing and FoH team along with members of the head office team.
- A highly motivated individual with an extensive, stable experience in catering.
- Pro-active with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Experience running shifts and managing service in a busy kitchen environment.
- Has substantial experience of people and business management in a kitchen environment.
- Especially effective at putting together highly motivated and cohesive teams needed to run a successful kitchen.
- Has a passion for food quality and customer service.
- Excellent financial acumen, with an excellent understanding of food and wage costings and budgetary forecasts.
- Ability to motivate and train team members.
- High level of flexibility with the role and working hours.
- Qualification in Food Safety.
- Knowledge of the Club & Company Health & Safety and Hygiene procedures.
- Ability to implement new policies and procedures.
- Good communication skills with peers and superiors and other departments.
- Organised and methodical.
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Able to communicate in clear and concise English.
- A high level of personal integrity.
- A strong work ethic with a passion for exceeding expectations.
- Show respect and appreciation to all.
- Encourage and contribute toward a culture that supports everyone to be the best that they can be.
Please note that you must be aged 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK.