Student Counsellor (SI0311) Sydney CBD, Sydney, Australia
|Salary:||9.5% super and external supervision cost of $200 per month|
About the role
Student Learning & Welfare Support contributes to and improves the student experience by encouraging student engagement, facilitating the maximisation of student learning opportunities, promoting student access and delivering a range of student oriented services and development programs. The Student Counsellor provides individual, group, educational and preventative programs which aim to enhance academic performance, and assist students to overcome personal difficulties which may impede academic success. The Student Counsellor works closely with Student Learning Advisors, the Student Experience Officer and other staff teams to meet these goals.
The person we seek will ideally have the following
- Qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or Counselling including registration as a Psychologist and/or full membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (please supply a copy of your AASW membership with your application). Only applicants with either of these qualifications will be considered.
- demonstrated experience working with diverse young people in an educationanl environment
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative, ethical and practice requirements e.g. confidentiality, privacy, anti-discrimination, mandatory reporting.
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to utilise your skills working with diverse young people
- Innovative campus in CBD location
- Broaden your professional networks within the Hgher Education Sector
- Work with a supportive, multidisciplinary team
- Generous renumeration, plus external supervision provided
- Option to work flexibly, part time from home
For over 25 years, we've prepared students around the world to be study-ready, work-ready and world-ready. As pioneers in the university pathway sector, we have more than 30 trusted partnerships with ambitious, forward-thinking universities around the world.
Through our unparalleled global reach across 24 countries, we help our partners achieve their goals of a stronger, more diverse student population, improved academic outcomes, superior student experiences, enhanced global profile and sustainable revenue.
Our Australasian university partners include Curtin University, Deakin University, Edith Cowan University, University of South Australia, University of Adelaide, La Trobe University, Western Sydney University, Griffith University, University of Canterbury and the University of Canberra.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online to lodge your application successfully. For enquiries about the role, please contact Pru Wirth, Manager Student Learning and Welfare Support on (02) 8236 8037.
Applications close on Thursday, 03/06/2021 at 05:00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
To our agency partners – thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require su.pport for this role, at this stage
For more information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.