Transport Manager (WASTEAPRL) Preston Brook, England
|Salary:||GBP30000 - GBP40000 per annum|
Link2Recruit are one of the UK’s fastest growing independent recruitment companies, helping to find work for hundreds of people in the Industrial, Driving and Waste sectors on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
Our client currently requires a Transport Manager o to join their successful business on a temporary on-going basis with permanent opportunities available for the right candidates.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that all legal, operations and maintenance requirements are met in respect of the Operator’s License and mixed fleet operation.
- Drive operational improvements through assisting and leading audits and inspections internally and externally.
- Vehicle allocation / key management.
- Together with the local contract help develop and assist in the implantation of a VHP.
- Organising relevant tool box talks and training to ensure staff are aware of fleet management needs.
- Always uphold and protect the company brand.
- Efficient fuel management.
- Each operating centre under your control is managed in accordance with all provisions of the relevant operators license.
- All vehicular operations are carried out in accord with UK and EU laws and regulations.
- You are fully compliant with annual testing requirements and conversant with output of OCRS measurements.
- Accurate document recording and safe storage obligations are adhered to.
- All vehicles are fitted with the required safety equipment, conspicuity markings, tachograph and/or speed limiters.
- All drivers hold a relevant and current drivers license, including driver card (if required), which are checked through a robust driver license validity checking process. Checks will includer Driver CPCP qualification and driver prosecutions analysis, checks will be carried out at minimum six monthly intervals and in accordance with company policy.
- DCPC requirements are being met and appropriate training is in place where required.
- Maintenance of the license holder’s vehicles and any trailers is completed, including the inspection of vehicles and any trailers at the appropriate time with the action taken to timely remedy all identified defects together with the appropriate records of those incidents.
- Driver’s daily checks and drivers log are correctly completed and the reporting / recording of vehicle defects and incidents by drivers is carried out all time and ensure (where appropriate) vehicles are declared ‘vehicle off road’’ (VoR)
- Legislation of relating to safe and permissible loading, transportation, identification of dangerous goods and goods in a prohibited or non-approved means of containment is enforced at all times.
- Drivers hours / time limits are monitored and enforced locally to ensure compliance with EU hours / time limits.
- You keep your professional knowledge current and up to date with all relevant legislations obligations and industry best practice which includes undertaking specific to your role.
- For this role you must have a full, Clean, UK Class 1 Driving License.
- Membership of complementary profession trade body e.g. IRTE, IMI.
- Strong organisational, paperwork / administration and numeracy.
- Ability to think logically and analytically.
- Understanding of vehicle maintenance / engineering and knowledge of a workshop /body – shop environment.
- Computer literate.
- Significant relevant operation experience in the logistic or transport industry.
- Customer focused.
- A strong trustworthy manager capable of controlling their areas of responsibility.
- Accepts ownership and accountability.
- Good planning and organisational skills with a focus on health, safety and environmental best practice.
The Transport Manager must be in possession of a current Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in either one of ‘National Road Haulage Operations’ or ‘National Passenger Transport Operations’ (as appropriate).
The role is based in Preston Brook. Our client is situated close to public transportation links, parking facilities are available for staff, a canteen facility is available for all staff use.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 08:00am – 17:30pm
Please apply online or call our Waste division on 0121 377 7006 (option 1)Link2Recruit Limited are operating as a recruitment business.
Key Words: LGV 1, LGV1, HGV 1, HGV1, C+E, Curtain Sider, Curtain Side, Days, Nights Out, Driving, Construction, Cement, INDHGV