Transport Supervisor (WASTEAPRL) Rutland, England
|Salary:||GBP28000 - GBP28000 per annum|
Link2Recruit are one of the UK’s fastest growing independent recruitment companies, helping to find work for hundreds of people in the Industrial, Driving and Waste sectors on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
Our client, a market leader in the Waste Management industry, are currently recruiting for a Supervisor join their successful business on a full-time on-going basis.
Purpose of the role:
- Supervising Refuse, Streets, Grounds Maintenance and RoRo.
- To be responsible and accountable for, the effective and efficient co-ordination of refuse, recycling, streets, grounds and HWRC operations.
- To supervise and drive cost effective teams and operations, providing collection services to a high standard.
- To carry out any other duties which may be required, which could from time to time include working from another depot.
- Your duties will include to supervise and assess personal targets of appropriate staff, ensuring the contract specifications are met in full, included driving down the numbers of missed collections and missed assisted collections.
- To work actively towards maintaining a professional relationship with client / council staff, communicating data and information with clarity, accuracy, honestly and within times scales of 24 hours.
- To plan and organize the team and operative work processes to deliver services on budget to specified standards.
- To ensure that the operations are carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with legal requirements.
- To assist in meeting budget objectives by closely and continuously following income and expenditure items and maintaining effective cost management controls.
- Administration and logistics.
- To participate in the use of database systems for operational services.
- Attend all meetings as and when required.
- To ensure the workforce are always wearing corporate and protective clothing.
- To monitor compliance with transport legislation and good practice in relation to drivers’ daily checks, defect reporting etc.
- To be compliant with ISO 9001, 18001, 14001 and Quality Performance systems within their area of responsibility.
- Carry out six monthly driving assessments.
- Regularly and continuously appraise staff in terms of training and development needs, carrying out a full appraisal once a year as a minimum.
- Carry out return to work interviews.
- Monitor and control driver’s hours and tachos infringements and carry out investigations and disciplinary meetings as required.
- Carry out any other related duties as may be directed and necessary other than those listed, from time to time.
- Full UK Driving Licence (Category C)
- Previous experience of managing people and transport.
- Possess your IOSH qualification.
- CPC Card
- DIGI Card
- Experience within a similar industry (desirable, not essential)
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday plus weekends and BH on a rotational basis
- Rate of Pay: £28,000 Per Annum.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of a national company, with a great number of career prospects that can develop within a vastly growing industry.
The role is based in Rutland. Parking and canteen facilities are also available for all staff use.
If you are interested, please apply now online or call our Waste division on 0121 377 7006 (option 1) for more information.
Key Words: CLASS 2, LGV, LGV2, HGV, HGV2, CATEGORY C, DRIVER, DRIVING, LORRY, MULTI-DROP
Link2Recruit Limited are operating as a recruitment business.