Territory Account Specialist/ Sales Merchandiser
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
If you’re a strong salesperson with the drive and desire to build a lucrative book of business by promoting a well-known hardware brand, this is your opportunity to take ownership of a prime territory. This dynamic sales position is responsible for driving top line sales and key customer penetration for a specific territory of National Hardware accounts. Responsibilities will include a variety of sales, merchandising, and marketing activities designed to increase sales and build market share.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (70%) Drive Sales
- Actively manage and grow established accounts within a large defined territory, as well as develop and close new business.
- Maintain regular and timely call cycle to each existing customer within the territory.
- Identify and prioritize new/prospective customers, and actively pursue opportunities for product placement; competitive conversion of new customers.
- Develop and conduct sales presentations for key customers regarding New Products, Line Expansions, and opportunities for Additional Product Placement.
- Execute competitive category conversion within existing accounts, core National Hardware and ancillary category sales.
- (20%) Key Decision Maker Penetration
- Maintain deep customer relationships through in-store product management including face to face meetings.
- Understand each customer’s needs to provide real, effective solutions.
- Monthly communication of promotions, events, execution and overall business results.
- Strategic planogram and product placement plan development and execution to maximize product profitability and optimum sell through.
- Consult on reorder points, min/max logic, stock levels & planogram integrity with store management.
- (10%) Business Management
- Maintains records according to company guidelines and policies for shipping errors, shortages, and defective products.
- Evaluate, provide analytics for, and manage customer records for assigned accounts including credit approvals and advertising agreements.
- May attend and manage trade shows, regional sales meetings, and support other key initiatives
- May assist corporate office with product evaluation, marketing plans, etc. as requested.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred, or relevant years of experience.
- 2+ years sales experience is preferred
- Prior retail / consumer goods experience is preferred
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated interpersonal & customer centric orientation
- Physical requirement – Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs+
- 90% travel within the territory by automobile or air (as required) to provide service and sales to customers. (approximately 3-4 overnight trips per month)
- Flexible work hours including occasional evenings and/or weekends
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.