Student Services Coordinator (SAE043) West End, Brisbane, Australia
|Salary:||AUD60000 - AUD70000 per annum|
About the role
Reporting to the Assistant Campus Manager, this is a full-time position, covering for Maternity Leave for an initial period of 6 Months, located at our Brisbane Campus.
The Student Services Coordinator (SSC) drives the quality of campus-based student experience through the expert application of Institutional Policies and Procedures, while managing and coordinating their team of Student Services Officers
The role coordinates campus-based student services staff and collaborates with other key stakeholders. The SSC is customer focused and able to manage competing priorities.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- Completion of a post-secondary qualification(s) or a combination of qualifications and relevant work experience;
- Relevant experience in a similar leadership role;
- Previous experience working in organising and executing student events;
- Knowledge of Higher Education sector in Australia;
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Demonstrated experience in a role offering a high level of customer service
- Ability to organise, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Proven intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft and Apple products;
- Ability to work in and foster a harmonious working environment;
- Willingness to pursue professional development opportunities;
- Understanding of WH&S, Anti-Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Access and Equity, EEO principles and practices and other relevant legislation;
- Knowledge of the digital media arts sector: Audio, Film, Graphic Design, Multimedia, Animation, Games.
What we can offer you:
- Modern facilities on a beautiful campus
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Work perks such as;
- Wherefit discounted gym memberships
- Travel rewards program
- JB HiFi, Apple Store and Hoyts cinema discounts to name a few
- An opportunity to work with others committed to transforming lives through education
- Health and wellbeing packages which include free counselling for employees and family
Established in 1976, SAE Creative Media Institute provides niche creative media programs to about 10,000 students at more than 50 campuses around the world.
SAE is recognised for providing students with access to the best industry equipment and facilities, employing teaching staff with strong industry experience and delivering hands on teaching and learning in small class environments. The Institute engages with industry to develop curriculum that is relevant to local and global workforce needs. Work placements and internships are embedded in SAE programs are pathways to employment.
Globally, SAE offers an extensive suite of creative media programs, from short courses and professional training through to bachelor and postgraduate degrees.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online. For enquiries about the role, please contact Phil Eades (07) 3017 4301.
Applications close on Thursday 18th November 2021 at 11.59pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
For further information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo a criminal records and working with children check.