Senior Laser Engineer
Location: Stirling, Scotland
A tremendous opportunity has arisen to join a materials technology leader currently engaged in developing new products for a range of industry sectors.
The company is looking for a full-time experienced Senior Laser Engineer to join their innovative team. You will be the ‘go-to’ person for all technical challenges involving Laser technology. You will be responsible for supporting both the R&D and Production teams in the development and testing of new laser solutions and the resulting materials processing.
The company is based in Stirling, Central Scotland.
- Taking ownership of developing existing laser equipment to meet, and improve, existing production requirements
- Specifying, procuring and developing new laser equipment to further develop production methods
- Resolving novel technical challenges and providing design improvements
- Designing, setting up and running experiments, feasibility studies and testing of prototypes
- Documenting set-up, maintenance and quality control procedures in the form of work instructions and training of production personnel
- Ensuring that the output from laser treatment results in a well-controlled, validated and qualified process
- Use knowledge and experience to generate new cost effective and timely solutions to problems
- Collaboration with the development team and the generation of relevant reports aimed at improving product development and operational efficiency
- Support dissemination of knowledge internally in order that teams are informed of relevant progress on solutions and issues
- Ensure that all the safety regulations, practices, and procedures are followed, thereby taking care of the safety of the staff and the equipment
- Perform other process and equipment tasks, as required
We are looking for a high calibre engineer with the experience to design optical systems with co2/ir/uv and experience of building optical systems.
This truly is a rare opportunity to join a technology firm at the start of its journey to commercialise what is predicted to be the most disruptive technology breakthrough of the decade.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.