Parks and Gardens Apprenticeship - Local Council Opportunity (PGLC1) Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, Australia
We have some exciting opportunities for those looking to commence a Parks & Gardens Apprenticeship with a local council!
We are on the lookout for motivated, committed and reliable talent - People who are wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training (and a certificate III) in Parks and Gardens.
What will you be doing?
The full spectrum of Parks and Gardens duties including but not limited to;
- Read landscape plans and construct rockeries, paths or ponds
- Assist with the preparation and planting of garden beds and landscapes as required
- Mowing, brush-cutting and edging of parks, reserves and open spaces as required
- Plant and transplant flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns
- Maintain gardens by fertilising and trimming
- Prune trees and hedges
- Operate and install irrigation and drainage systems
- Various general garden maintenance duties as required
What are we looking for?
- A strong desire to become qualified in Parks and Gardens
- Ability to undertake manual/physical work
- Punctual, reliable and energetic
- Certificate II in Building & Construction or Horticulture (Highly regarded)
- White card
- Previous experience working in a team
- Strong work etiquette
- Must have a drivers licence and own transport
- Commitment and determination to complete a 3 year apprenticeship
What's in it for you?
- A full time job (38 hours)
- TAFE training
- We will provide your PPE, so no need to purchase your own!
- Weekly pay
Established in 1993, MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
So, what are you waiting for?
Make this the year you launch your Parks & Gardens career and set the path to success! Apply Now! Any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact Steph on (03) 9871 6175.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.