Trainee Disability Services Officers - Mount Gambier (JO000076554) Mount Gambier, Australia
DHS Accommodation Services, Trainee Disability Services Officers
In proud partnership with the Department of Human Services (DHS), MEGT has opportunities available to take the first step in your career towards becoming a Disability Services Officer. We are now recruiting Trainee Disability Services Officers.
The positions will support the DHS Accommodation Services, providing person-centred supported community accommodation for adults living with diverse and complex disabilities across South Australia.
The disability services officer traineeships are funded through a State Budget stimulus initiative to increase the skilled workforce in key industries. The successful candidates will be employed and hosted by MEGT for the 12-month traineeship duration, undertaking a Certificate III Individual Support (Disability) and on-the-job component.
You will gain a certificate and work experience, along with professional mentoring as you embark upon a career that allows you to develop the skills to become a fully qualified Disability Services Officer.
If you are a caring, compassionate person, and you want to support people living with a disability in all aspects of daily living, then this is the role for you. You will be paid to learn, and this 12-month full-time traineeship role will give you the necessary skills required to embark upon a career in caring for others.
We are seeking people for the role of Trainee Disability Services Officer. Opportunities are available in the Adelaide area, as well as in Kadina and Mount Gambier. You will learn how to:
- Assist people living with a disability in all aspects of daily living
- Promote independence and community inclusion
- Support personal care
- Support and encourage the building of interpersonal relationships
- You have an empathetic nature and are committed to supporting the needs of others
- Building strong relationships based on trust is important to you
- You are committed to providing person-centred care
- You are flexible to undertake a variety of tasks and respond to changing priorities
- You respect and value diversity
- You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Some extra requirements:
- A full Australian Drivers licence
- Ability to comply with safe work practices
- You can work Monday to Friday, this may include early morning starts and evenings
- Unlimited working rights in Australia
- A strong desire to commence your career and become a qualified Disability Services Officer
- You are committed to undertaking a nationally recognised qualification, and commit to a learning/study schedule, combined with work and completing a Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
- Willing to obtain a national police clearance and a DHS disability clearance
You will gain:
- Extensive training and support
- Industry recognised knowledge, experience and a qualification
- Personalised mentoring throughout your training
- Opportunity for career progression in this sector
- Be part of a diverse and inclusive community where person-centred care is the essence of all we do
- Ongoing and regular support from your MEGT Field officer
- Full-time work with weekly wages (plus super and leave entitlements)
So, what is next?
For further enquiries, please contact Steph on 0408 058 621
Please note applicants will be required to undertake relevant industry pre-screening assessments, including but not limited to attending a Group Assessment, followed by an interview.
Visit the I Work For SA website to learn more about opportunities for trainees, apprentices and university graduates in the SA Public Sector.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.