Cyber Security Trainees (JO000076082) Adelaide, Australia
These positions are created as part of the Government of South Australia’s Skilling SA Public Sector Project. The successful trainees will be employed by MEGT and hosted by various South Australian Government agencies for the duration of their Certificate IV in Cyber Security.
The Cyber Security Traineeships are funded through a State Budget stimulus initiative to increase the skilled workforce in key industries.
The South Australian Government is responsible for critical state infrastructure, digital assets and citizen information that require the highest level of protection against cyber threats.
If you are enthusiastic, reliable, and looking for a traineeship opportunity that may lead to an ongoing career in cyber security, then this is the role for you!
Not only will you gain a certificate and practical work experience, you will also receive professional mentoring that allows you to develop the necessary skills to kickstart a career in the cyber security industry.
The traineeship will provide you with the opportunity to build foundation knowledge of cyber security, as well as use new and emerging technology including state of the art monitoring tools, develop threat identification and mitigation strategies and build an understanding of the South Australian Government’s cyber security landscape.
As part of this traineeship you will get the opportunity to:
- Monitor and block malicious behaviour and activities
- Learn about vulnerability management
- Identify threats to the organization
- Update documentation for policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Incident management
- Research and evaluate applications and services for use by the agency
- Compliance reviews
- Troubleshoot platform and customer integration issues
- Security awareness.
We are looking for people who:
- Are passionate about a career in cyber security
- Work well within a team
- Have a can-do attitude
- Have a problem-solving mindset
- Are flexible to undertake a variety of tasks and respond to changing priorities
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have an ability to comply with safe work practices.
In return you will receive:
- Extensive training and support
- Industry recognised knowledge, experience and a qualification
- Personalised mentoring throughout your training with access to cyber mentoring programs and community of practice sessions
- Opportunity for career progression in the cyber security sector
- Ongoing and regular support from your MEGT Field officer.
So, what is next?
For further enquiries, please contact Stephanie Anderson at stephanieanderson @megt.com.au
Apply now! - Applications close 10th of May, 2021.
Please note that shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake relevant industry pre-screening assessments, including but not limited to attending a Group Assessment, followed by an interview.
Visit the I Work For SA website to learn more about opportunities for trainees, apprentices and university graduates in the SA Public Sector.
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.