Delivery Engineer (1-10-21) England
The Delivery Engineer will be responsible for considering all aspects of the planning of a designated section of the works on the Hinkley point C project. This will involve conducting integrated and cross-cutting coordination reviews of construction preparation, looking at arrangements in detail from wider perspectives to provide oversight ensuring pre-requisites, dependencies and constraints are managed in a balanced and integrated approach to ensure the activities on the site run safely and smoothly and in accordance with the project schedule (IWS84). The primary objective will be to identify and eliminate any issues prior to the work commencing on the site and will involve interfacing with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Multi discipline Teams.
Knowledge & Skills
The Delivery Engineer will have a broad knowledge of Engineering, Procurement and Construction activities and the integration of these activities. In Addition, they will possess a good understanding of project planning processes and the ability to identify and resolve complex interfaces.
This includes experience across many types of EPC contracts, specifically knowledge of NEC and FIDIC contracts. The IDO Delivery Engineers will have the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders. Strong management and communication skills and commercial awareness are essential. Specific knowledge, skills, qualification, and experience include:
- Experience and understanding of working in a Nuclear and Safety Quality Culture.
- Understanding and awareness of working in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to build and manage a diverse a high performing team.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in an integrated team environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Management of strategic planning developing construction sequencing and recovery plans.
- Good working knowledge of commercial principles affecting construction matters.
- Ability to produce informative, concise reports.
- Motivational approach and the ability to energize team members by building a climate of trust and understanding
- Awareness of project change control and, risk management processes.
- Extensive working knowledge in the delivery of large complex construction projects
Depending on the areas in which certain Delivery Engineers will operate, some Delivery Engineers will have specific job skills such as Navisworks, Synchro 4D, Database management or PowerBI Development.
Qualification & Experience.
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent in Construction Management or related subject or a demonstrable level of experience based on years of experience (5 Plus years) and project assignments
- 5 Years’ Experience in delivering highly complex projects
- Experience operating in a high security environment advantageous
- In-depth knowledge and experience of programme progress and forecast position and planning.
- Strong communication skills in English required, Knowledge of French can be an advantage.