Senior Electrical Commissioning Technician (170323) England
- Able to demonstrate the core behaviours and attributes expected of a supervisor as defined as defined and confirmed during the contractor engagement process.
- Possess good organisational skills and the ability to plan for safe work scope execution ensuring all applicable components associated with tasks are in place (e.g.: procedures, permits, tools and equipment etc.)
- Ability to interact with other personnel from other disciplines.
- Ability to work to deadlines in an accurate consistent and structured manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide guidance to other team members.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of HSE safe working practices and procedures (including isolation procedures) and able to implement these during completion of work scope.
- Ability to complete applicable commissioning documentation (including test records, daily logs, drawing mark-ups, fault reports and permit to work system) accurately and to a good standard.
- Ability to understand / implement applicable working practices / procedures.
- IT Literate in major software packages (e.g., Word / Excel)
- Conversant with the completions / commissioning process
- Ability to understand / project procedures and drawings in particular extensive understanding of SLD’s / Data Sheets / Schematics, etc.
- Ability to identify PTW requirements and complete associated method statements / risk assessments for the safe execution of work scope.
- Strong ability fault finding technical issues & equipment inspection.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of electrical systems including installation, testing, commissioning and general O&M of equipment and components
- Excellent understanding of safe isolation of plant & reinstatement
- Conversant with completions management software.
- Proactive and flexible with a can-do attitude.
- People management and motivational skills.
- Ability to build relationships and trust.
- Recognised Trade Apprenticeship/ONC in Electrical Engineering or recognised Electrical trade background (C&G / BTEC etc) combined with proven and demonstrable.
- Experience as a Snr Electrical Commissioning Technician in Nuclear or related industry
- Demonstrable experience in an Electrical Senior Commissioning Technician role, with a proven background of delivery
- Thorough understanding of the principles of Electrical equipment / system pre-commissioning & commissioning
- Good knowledge of industry related SHEQ safe working practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the completions process and the ability to understand / complete related check-sheets & procedures.
- Leading, supervising of teams of 6 or more commissioning technicians
- Experienced in the daily management of workforce in safe execution of commissioning activities, including preparation of tasks, permits, liaising with other teams & procedural compliance