Head of Quality and Compliance
Location: Stockport, England
Salary: GBP50000 - GBP50000 per annum
H9 Technical are currently looking to recruit a Head of Quality and Compliance for an innovative manufacturing company based in Bredbury, Stockport.
The purpose of the role will be to take responsibility for the quality and regulatory compliance of products falling under Tobacco Products Directive regulations and food supplements regulations. In addition, take responsibility for the Quality Management system including quality control of manufactured goods, to ensure that they are fit for their intended use.
Provide full support to the business and improve working practices and procedures in own department to achieve Business Plan objectives working closely with Directors and other Managers. Provide the company with relevant regulatory updates and implement any necessary changes to ensure continued compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have overall responsibility of each sub-unit within the Technical Department (Regulatory, Quality Control, Laboratory and Quality Assurance)
- Provide support and guidance for each direct report.
- Work closely with the other Senior Leadership Team to deliver the business objectives.
- Manage each direct report and other team members through progress reviews and team meetings.
- Implement new processes and procedures to ensure effective working and continuous improvement.
- Have overall responsibility of all Quality Management Systems including ISO9001:2015, GMP and ISO17025:2017
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations
- Attend weekly board meetings and monthly management meetings with other Directors/Chairs to ensure the business as a whole is running efficiently and to plan for the future setting goals, targets, and financial objectives.
- Save costs on all raw materials whilst maintaining quality of goods.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Being educated to degree level
- Proven Product Development/Regulatory/Planning/ Quality Control experience
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers.
- Strong leadership skills
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.