Controls Engineer (CE18) West Midlands, England
We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer for our market leading client based in the Coventry area. This position will require some overseas travel. The company are expanding their work force to meet the demands of their clients so there will be excellent opportunities for career development in the future. There is also the opportunity to earn extra days holiday, after 5 years service, to add to the already 25 statutory holidays you will start with.
The ideal candidate is to have good practical experience commissioning Siemens PLC (S7) controls
- Commission CNC machines
- Measuring system calibrations and preparation of the machine for production trials
- Loading of module data files, initial power on tests, drive calibration & tuning
- Test of electrical control circuits & Test safety circuits
- Design of control circuits
- Machine alignment & laser calibration
- Provide customer report
Can you demonstrate the following
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuit diagrams
- Experienced with AC & DC control circuits
- Experienced with setup and commissioning of inverter drives & servo motors.
- Practical experience of fault finding on electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Have understanding and practical working knowledge of CNC machine tools.
- Experience of reading & writing PLC programs (S7)