Shift Team Leader (Dub18) Oldbury, England
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Supervisor to join a growing business in the West Midlands. The business is currently looking for someone who can both lead a team to deliver KPIs and production targets and also develop the workforce reporting through.
Our client is a leading manufacturer operating on a global scale. With further growth in the order book, the business now needs a Shift Supervisor who is a natural leader, familiar with the demands of similar environments.
Reporting into the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of the shop floor staff, supporting the business with lean manufacturing techniques across the West Midlands site. The successful candidate will have previously worked in a similar role. Other key responsiblities include compliance with Health, Safety and Quality procedures and policies while supporting the adherence to the works schedule.
- Lead workforce to deliver product on time to the customer, setting expectations of the work team to hit targets
- Manage the team and equipment in tandem with inter-departmental liaison in order to produce high quality product within agreed timelines.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities to improve process flows, cutting inefficiencies out of production.
- Lead lean improvements with the primary aim of reducing scrap rate
- Make necessary amendments to production schedule
- Engage, mentor and develop the team's capability
- Comfortable working shifts
- Strong communicator
- Background in supervisory role, developing and leading a team
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments, primarily Quality and HSE.
Salary £30,000 - £32000