Automation Engineer (AutoM) Banbury, England
How does working just 182 days a year sound on continental day shifts?
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a major Automotive Tier 1 supplier.
Main purpose of job:
To support Mould Operations as a key Engineering resource to optimise both uptime and quality therefore reducing cost and waste with regard to all equipment and technical processes within mould
To lead the monitoring and development of the automation and ancillary equipment.
- Promote a ‘behavioural safety’ culture within the Mould Shop, targeting zero injuries
- Data analysis, studies, reports and corrective actions to optimise uptime and equipment effectiveness for all Automation
- To take both a hands on and co-ordination role in order to achieve uptime , quality, and cost targets
- To both carry our repairs and modifications as well as co-ordinate them through the maintenance team and with suppliers
- Lead activity on Material drying and feed Automation
- Lead activity on robotics and all associated Ancillary equipment
- Lead activity on automation to deliver regrind savings
- Scrap and quality concern reduction relating to any Automation
- Champion Automation equipment KPI`s and manage performance to ensure the departmental targets can be met
- Arrange servicing programmes and optimise performance and cost reduction opportunities
- To audit equipment condition on an internal schedule
Monday – Tuesday 07.00 – 19.00
Friday – Sunday 07.00 – 19.00
Wednesday – Thursday 07.00 – 19.00