Electronics Engineer (ELEC) Telford, England
A family owned business that has been operating in the Telford area for over 25 years, have a requirement for an embedded systems development engineer to assist the development of new products and to maintain the company’s existing range of electronic products.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team the successful candidate will work on connected digital signage and related infrastructure / system components.
The company produces high reliability systems for sign lighting and for road side control applications.
This is a greenfield project and in summary the role involves:-
- Validating and selecting suitable systems and components
o Operating systems Win IoT, Linux or RToS
o Initial development systems
- Establish a software development environment
Experience in the following would be beneficial:-
- transferring design to manufacture
- technical support
Person specification: Electronic Design Engineer
Education and qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or equivalent subject.
Essential Skills and Work Experience
- Design experience of embedded systems
- Experience of embedded device operating systems e.g. Windows 10 Core IoT, Linux, RToS etc
- Prototyping and PCB design
- Experience in writing firmware and software in Python / C / C++ / Assembler or other suitable language
- Design experience in analogue system, and digital circuit design
Desirable skills / Full job specification
1 Digital circuit designs
Micro controller circuits for modem control
Firmware for micro controllers
Working with professional electronic CAD tools
2 Printed Circuit Design
Ability to design printed circuit boards:- layouts, component placement and tracking
Digital, analogue and mixed layouts etc. as required