Research Associate II (SC4) (51030) Oro Valley, Arizona
Research Associate II. We have a contract need in Tucson, AZ for two Research Associates who will be responsible for conducting research, development and manufacturing laboratory experimentation and other scientific activities to support client projects. Follows company policies and procedures for GMP, GLP, Design Control and others as appropriate.
- Exercises technical expertise and discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Presents and discusses results of experiments within department and project team.
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and may participate in conferences and professional societies.
- Maintains complete and accurate laboratory documentation and electronic files.
- May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
- Designs experimental protocols with minimal supervision.
- Executes bench experiments; makes detailed and general observations and analyzes data.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Normally receives general directions on routine work and detailed directions on new assignments.
- Makes suggestions to improve work processes and laboratory environment.
- Assists in identifying and reducing to practice patentable inventions.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- May participate in cross functional technical teams such as a failure investigation team.
- Works well in a team environment by being a productive project team member, suggesting creative solutions to problems and providing input to project planning.
- Trains others in areas of expertise.
- Troubleshoots problems and institutes corrective action.
- Prepares and presents experimental procedures and results in group and project teams.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Science.
- Experience: 2 or more years relevant job experience.
- Knows basic and a range of specialized laboratory techniques.
- Capable with searching scientific literature to gain information about specific topics.
- Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software applications.
To view all our open positions, please go to: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/