Chief of Facilities - Beachwoods, NC (-736620896) Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
|Salary:||USD50000 - USD50000 per year|
The Chief of Facilities directs and coordinates activities of the Facilities department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reviews work schedules.
- Establishes work priorities.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and insure continuous production of operations.
- Interfaces with other department heads on work priorities and activities.
- Develops and implements preventative maintenance and facilities programs.
- Plans, develops, and implements procedures to improve operations.
- Reviews production, quality control, maintenance and engineering reports, and statistics to plan and modify work activities.
- Directs training and development of team members.
- Prepares departmental budget and monitors expenditures.
- Reports to management on activities of department.
- Interact with general/sub-contractors on projects.
- Complies with all regulatory agency requirements to maintain required permits and/or licenses.
- Resolve grievances of team members.
- Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintain pools and spas to standards.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Technical/Trade school certification related to facilities, maintenance or related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in facilities, maintenance, or related field is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
This position provides immediate supervision to direct reports. Oversees and controls the work performance of others in a close working relationship, often in the same room or close proximity. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks similar to those performed by direct reports. May participate in the interview, selection and training processes as assigned. May be responsible for assigning work to direct reports, reviewing results in accordance to policies and procedures, and providing recommendations to management.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification.
- Universal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification.
- Driver's License (non-commercial) - must be state-specific.
- OSHA 30.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understand how to develop and implement business strategies.
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.