SAFETY MANAGER (SWB/SAFETY1020) Omaha, Nebraska
Our client is on a steep growth pattern and can offer advancement, challenge, security and a generous compensation package. The Safety Manager position supports environmental, health, safety, and security efforts at the site. This individual is accountable for: supporting Safety activities at his/her location(s), including: maintaining EHS systems and processes such as monitoring and measurement systems, reporting and communication of EHS metrics, collection and organization of EHS action items, supporting EHS training initiatives, leading and supporting EHS teams, supports incident investigations, and supporting site internal assessment activities.
What’s in it for you?
- Advancement opportunities – they have 6 location across the Midwest
- Stability and Security – Rapid Growth – they are projecting 15% - 2021; 25%-2022
- Location – close to large cities – but far enough out – not to feel the traffic congestion
- HR says the company has a relaxed environment, “no Red Tape” to get your project implemented
Key Business Objectives of the Safety Manager:
The Safety Manager supports the Vice President to assist in implementation of common Safety programs as well as policy and processes. The duties included, but are not limited to:
- Regulatory fieldwork;
- Data collection;
- Compliance auditing;
- Training and Emergency Response
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Safety Manager:
- Administers safety programs and policies
- Coaches employees and managers on Safety program and policy interpretation
- Provides support, consulting, and guidance to internal customers in specialty area
- Prepares reports and maintains records
- Researches, collects and analyzes data and information
- Ensures regulatory compliance
- Collects data to produce trends and metrics
- Performs Safety compliance audits
- Provides designated safety training programs
- Completes incident investigations and required documentation
- Maintains confidential information
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills / Capabilities and Education of the Safety Manager
- Understanding of fundamental Safety concepts, practices and procedures as well as state and federal regulatory compliance requirements
- Understanding / Experience in OSHA 501, 510 or 511
- Construction or Manufacturing Safety Background
- 2 years direct experience in health, safety, and environmental compliance
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including public speaking)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication from the company and supervisor including training, procedures, instructions, etc.
Working Conditions of the Safety Manager:
- The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The position requires ability to read and interpret data as well as having the capacity to professionally and effectively communicate (verbally and written)
Please contact me, Stu Burgers directly at 605-978-5476 for more information or apply online for consideration. This position is an urgent need and qualified candidates will be interviewed the next two weeks. OR You can email me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.