Subcontracts Administrator (357186) Alexandria, Virginia
|Salary:||USD45 - USD65 per hour|
Subcontracts Administrator (External Contractor/Consultant)
This is a full-time, ”1099” Subcontract Administrator position that will report to the Contracts Manager and General Counsel, and be responsible for providing support in the acquisition and administration of complex subcontract requirements in support of prime and subprime contracts.
You will assist in the maintenance of internal and external reviews, to ensure issues are resolved in accordance with U.S. Government, other government and Non-Government Organizations regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, customer’s requirements, and the direction of the DGS General Counsel and Management. You will provide contractual guidance and oversee subcontractor performance and execution of the scope of work. Identify potential contract issues or conflicts, analyze impact/ramifications and work with company functional teams and subcontractors to resolve problems.
Travel up to 20%, as required.
As directed by the DGS Contracts Manager and General Counsel:
- Prepares solicitations and pricing request, coordinates with Operations to evaluate technical/management proposals, conducts cost/price analysis, leads subcontract negotiations, prepares subcontract documents, executes subcontracts on behalf of the Company, administers subcontracts and serves as primary interface with subcontractors.
- Negotiates and administers non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements and work with subcontractors to obtain cost and pricing information in support of company proposal pricing efforts.
- Prepares and disseminates information to appropriate managerial level regarding subcontract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, termination, and closeout.
- Works closely with Program Managers and Contracts Manager to ensure subcontract execution complies with customer requirements as expressed in the contract and governing laws and regulations, and is performed IAW company policies and procedures
- Works Closely with Contract Manager, Program Managers to identify and establish subcontract relationships to meet contract goals for small business participation
- May oversee and coordinate the inter-company work authorization process via the establishment and administration of service level agreements (SLA) between Agility business units
- Oversees and coordinates subcontract management of lower-tier subcontractors, including negotiation of teaming agreements, issuing solicitations and requests for pricing, conducting cost/price analysis, leading negotiations, writing and executing subcontracts and administering subcontracts for outsourced prime contract PWS/SOW services
- Works closely with Program Managers and assigned Subcontract Administrators to ensure subcontract execution meets customer requirements as expressed in the contract and is performed IAW company policies and procedures.
- Explore, implement and streamline process improvements
- Identify improvements in productivity and make recommendations to management.
- Identify, monitor, and maintain visibility of program specific requirements.
Mandatory or Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business Administration, Logistics/Supply Chain or related field) or equivalent related experience.
- 12+ years of related work experience in purchasing and/or supply chain management (four of which are in military/federal services).
- 5+ years of directly-related experience as a Subcontract Administrator//Manager for a federal contractor.
- Experience with direct interface with subcontractor contracts personnel and
- Previous experience must have included authorization to sign subcontracts and purchase orders on behalf of the company.
- Experience with multiple contract vehicles such as Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Basic Ordering Agreements, IDIQs.
- Experience drafting Flowdowns
- Extensive knowledge of Government requirements for contractors and how to apply them [or Experience as a warranted GS-1102 or military Contracting Officer in lieu of experience in private industry].
- Experience with the United Nations.
- Well-versed in UCC and FAR/DFARS, and have a thorough understanding of the federal acquisition process.
- Professional certification a plus (CPCM, CFCM, DAWIA or FAC-C).
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction while managing multiple high-level priorities is essential
- Competent in the use of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software - Word, Outlook, Excel, and PPT. Experience with Deltek CostPoint and Adobe Pro are a plus.
- Team based operations, time management and organization are essential