Trainee Accounts Assistant
Location: Leamington Spa, England
Salary: GBP16000 - GBP18000 per annum + Depending on Experience
Hanson Lawrie are looking for an Accounts Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support a small financial team. As the Accounts Assistant you will be processing expense reports, managing weekly payroll and posting purchase and sales invoices on a daily basis.
This role is heavily focused on data inputting and entering financial transactions into the account’s software so accuracy and speedy keyboard skills are essential.
No experience is necessary as our client is willing to offer training and even support with cost of studying the AAT qualification. What we are looking for though is an interest in a career in Accounting and someone who wants to gain experience in accounting procedures.
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger, including posting of invoices related to accruals and prepayments, and processing supplier payments.
- Carry out the weekly payroll duties and related HMRC submissions, along with pension auto enrolment administration and submissions. This also includes the creation of weekly payroll journals to be posted to the nominal ledger
- Reporting a summary of weekly labour costs to the production manager for analysis.
- Maintenance and posting of the Cashbook.
- The creation of sales invoices and credit notes via our production software, and the transfer and reconciliation of invoices to the accounts software.
- Create reports for the management team of daily invoiced sales statistics.
- Processing of credit card expenses and posting the relevant journal to the nominal ledger.
- Looking after the petty cash and posting the relevant monthly journals.
- The banking of any payments we receive via cheque.
- Work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk is desirable but not essential
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and good all-round IT skills
- Strong organisation skills and communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Educated to an A level Standard specifically mathematics.
In return you will be working for a well established business that can offer career longevity and the opportunity to develop skills in the area of Finance.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.