Sous Chef (VC10152) Scarborough, England
|Salary:||GBP24000 - GBP27000 per annum|
Job Title – Sous Chef
Reference No. – VC10152
Salary - £24,000 - £27,000
Job Type – Permanent
Location – Scarborough
Recruiting for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team at an award-winning Gastro Pub on the outskirts of Scarborough, this is a full-time role offering competitive rates of pay with a share of the tips and the possibility of progression within the group. The successful applicant will be experienced working with fresh, local and seasonal food and be comfortable cooking up to 100 covers on busy services and ideally come from a Gastro Pub background, they will be adaptable and able to fit into an existing team with the chance to cover for The Head Chef during holidays and time off including stock and staff management.
The Company – This is a privately-owned Gastro Pub with Rooms on the outskirts of Scarborough, part of a small group of venues in the Scarborough area. This venue is a friendly village Gastro Pub and prides itself on offering a wide range of freshly prepared seasonally thought out dishes, alongside a fine selection of drinks served from the bar. The venue has a selection of bespoke bedrooms which give the venue a good all-year-round trade.
- Assist in production, monitoring and maintaining consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and service
- To participate in the HACCAP procedure in accordance with the company’s Food Safety Management document. Maintain correct use of KRB, including cleaning rota and closing down procedures. Ensure of KRB paper work is stored correctly
- Ensure stock rotation and use by dates for the production of food are followed and that food is produced so not to contribute towards wastage.
- Have total accountability for the day to day running of the kitchen service in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To help achieve food budgeted cost controls, ensuring minimum wastage occurs within the unit
- Purchase all food and food related products using company nominated suppliers
- To actively participate in the on-going management and development of menus. Ensure all menus and dishes are created to agreed specifications
- To assist in all aspects of food preparation, ensuring all produce that leaves the kitchen is to brand standard.
- Proven working knowledge of English & Continental cookery using fresh quality ingredients
- Proven track record of good management and effective co-ordination of a kitchen team
- Excellent and effective communication skills with the kitchen, front of house and management of staff
- A positive approach to menu planning and development of hospitality service
- An ability to cope under pressure in a calm and efficient manner whilst meeting required deadlines
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Stocktaking experience
- Menu costing experience
- Word, Excel & Outlook IT skills at a basic level
- A flexible willingness to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekend and bank holidays are required
Benefits – The role of Sous Chef is offering a competitive salary of up to £27,000 per year, you will be expected to work 5 out of 7 days and up to 45 hours per week, the shift patterns may vary and would include split & straight shifts and would include all day parts such as breakfast/lunch & dinner, but you will need access to your own transport as the venue is located on the outskirts of Scarborough. In the role you will receive a share of the tips from the venue, have access to meals while you are working & be able to take advantage of discounts at the other venues in the area on both food and accommodation from within the group.
For further details please contact Sam Manning at Castle Hospitality on 01723 500643 and email your CV to email@example.com