Automotive (Heavy Vehicle) Apprenticeship - Dandenong (JO000076815) Dandenong, Melbourne, Australia
We have an exciting opportunity for those looking to commence their Automotive Apprenticeship!
We are on the look out for motivated, committed and reliable talent - People who are wanting to gain practical on the job experience, whilst receiving extensive training (and a certificate III) in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
What will you be doing?
Our client is a South Eastern suburbs Council. They are seeking a 1st year Apprentice Mechanic to join their team.
- Vehicle service and maintenance
- Emergency service
- Draining oil and replacing of parts
- Diagnosis of mechanical and electrical faults
- Dismantling of mechanical components and reassembling
- Spare parts inventory
- Cleaning parts
- Workshop house keeping
What are we looking for?
- Good attention to detail
- Desire to learn all things "Automotive"
- Punctual, reliable and energetic
- Certificate II in Automotive Vehicle Servicing (highly regarded)
- Previous experience working in a team
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment and determination to complete a 4 year apprenticeship
- Automatic drivers licence
The successful applicant must live within the City of Greater Dandenong locality, and will be required to undergo and pass a Police check, Working with Children Check, Pre employment medical check, Hearing test, and a Psychometric psychosocial assessment.
What's in it for you?
- A full time job (38 hours)
- TAFE training
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Paid allowances
- Weekly pay
- Great opportunities upon completion of your apprenticeship
If you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to completing an Automotive Apprenticeship, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your application today! For more information please shoot an email to sally @megt .com. au (no spaces please)
MEGT matches businesses with the best talent across Australia. Our core focus is to provide job seekers with the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification, practical hands on industry experience whilst earning a full-time wage!
MEGT (Australia) is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity employer committed to child safety and providing a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.