HSE Engineer (12/02/2024) Paris, France
We are looking for an HSE Engineer for one of our clients with the following details:
Job Category : HSE / SAFETY
Project: Ecological Transition
Location: Vallée de Chevreuse, Paris
Contract Duration: 10-month CISC
Expected start date: 03/03/2024
Within the Technical Division, the Treatment, Recovery and HSE department is in charge of the organic, material and energy recovery of waste collected on the customer's territory. To this end, it manages the processing and recovery markets for all flows collected selectively via the provision of services on third-party sites. It also manages the operating contract of the waste-to-energy plant owned by the customer, as well as the monitoring of ISO 14001, 50001 and 45001 standards within its scope.
In this context, the HSE engineer, reporting to the head of the Treatment, Recovery and HSE department, is in charge of implementing the union's HSE policy and leading and improving the HSE performance of the local authority.
- Manage environmental, energy and health and safety management systems, in accordance with ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and ISO 45001 standards: definition of objectives, identification and monitoring of performance indicators, monitoring of the action plan, monitoring of non-conformities, relationship with institutions (DRIEAT, Prefecture, SIAAP, SIAHVY), animation of HSE meetings, management reviews and internal and external audits.
- Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the HSE management system: compliance status, staff awareness and training, control of environmental impacts, regulatory monitoring.
- Assist operational management in assessing and preventing risks at work: participation in the training plan, updating of the single document, monitoring of safety registers, site visits, carrying out root cause analyses in the event of an accident, participation in operating meetings, providing feedback on safety risks.
- Carry out the environmental monitoring of the site: management of the compliance of water discharges, environmental audits of the site, management of mandatory periodic checks.
- Ensure the administrative management of the HSE activity: drafting of technical documents for public contracts, preparation of the budget.
Profile and skills required:
- With a Bac+5 engineering degree or equivalent with an HSE specialisation, you have a first experience on ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and ISO 45001 management systems, or bac+3 with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- You know the waste business. You are autonomous, rigorous and dynamic. You like to work in a team and you know how to adapt to your interlocutors.
- Proficiency in computer tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Knowledge of public markets and finances would be a plus
If Interested Kindly apply.