Business Development Manager (BBBH658) Oaklands Park, Adelaide, Australia
At SAGE, we build the best experience for our customers and our community, and we do it as one, large, supportive team.
SAGE has grown and evolved since SAGE Automation was founded in 1994. SAGE now spans across four unique brands (SAGE Automation, Nukon, Embedded Expertise & Skills Lab) and numerous industrial verticals (Transport, Defence, Smart Cities, Energy, Manufacturing, MMM & Resources). Our work is showcased as world-leading.
We have carved out a footprint across the country and overseas, but we've held on to the culture with which we began. We currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our growing business in Adelaide.
Reporting to the General Manager, this senior role is responsible for strategic planning, business development and formulation of winning themes to develop new and existing clients across all industries to achieve great industrial automation and control solutions for their organisations. Your ability to build positive relationships founded on trust will assist you in providing expert recommendations to our clients. You will play a critical part in all aspects of the business development process, including strategy, qualifying leads, identifying the client’s needs, and closing the sale.
- Lead and develop strategies across all sectors for growth
- Engage with potential and existing clients to develop long term relationships
- Lead Bid / No Bid reviews and develop winning themes for proposal and bids
- Lead teams in the preparation, design and generation of proposals and bids
- Effectively communicate the benefits and value of SAGE Group services to clients and recommend the appropriate solution
- Collaborate with the General Manager, Project Managers and Engineering experts to keep well-informed of automation industry trends and provide value to clients while securing future business
- Contribute to and support the strategic development for the business
Essential skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an automation systems and process environment
- Experience in business development or a customer relationship oriented roles with proven experience in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with clients
- The ability to develop strategic plans and execute the plans
- Commercially astute with the ability to achieve business development targets
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Self-driven, results oriented able to collaborate in a team environment
- Engineering degree or other relevant qualification
- Australian drivers licence
- Must be an Australian Citizen and should be able to obtain and maintain a National Police Check and NV1 clearance.
- Great opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic environment
- A full team of Bid Writers, Estimators, Project Managers and Engineers to write tenders and produce quotes, allowing you to focus on strategy and clients focused activities
- Wide range of industries and project sizes
- Competitive remuneration
If you are Smart, Ambitious, Genuine and Exceptional, then we want to hear from you!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link and send your resume and cover letter addressing the responsibilities and skills.
We welcome you to learn more about SAGE, please visit http://www.gotosage.com
To follow us on LinkedIn, please click on: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sage-group-of-companies/
SAGE is committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that supports a diverse and inclusive workforce, and would like to strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.