Senior Commercial Analyst
Location: High Wycombe, England
Salary: GBP55000 - GBP55000 per annum
CURRENTLY RECRUITING A SENIOR COMMERCIAL ANALYST FOR A RETAIL BUSINESS BASED IN MARLOW!!
Marc Daniels are currently recruiting a Senior Commercial Analyst for a retail business based in Marlow
The purpose of this role is to manage and develop a small team, supporting the business and Finance team in managing key areas of cost/income, ensuring high standards of accounting, reporting and forecasting, interpreting results and trends to deliver insight to the Commercial teams to assist in decision making.
- Be accountable for working with the Commercial team to maximise gross and net margin through delivering accurate and timely reporting, promotional and supplier analysis and sensitivity analysis to support decision making
- Work with the CRM team to drive the profitability and KPI performance through delivering concise and timely management information and strong analytics to support decision making
- Take responsibility for presenting insights and recommendations on business performance, including but not limited to identifying opportunities for cost reduction, revenue generation and profit maximisation
- Challenge and support senior management to improve performance and manage risks and opportunities
- Support the delivery of insightful analysis through the development of tools and models
- Support the Commercial Analysts in ensuring team deadlines are met and that there is a high level of accuracy within the team
- Lead the team in budgeting, forecasting and managing the month-end processes for areas of responsibility including but not limited to:
- Monthly prepayments, accruals and journal postings
- Monthly flash forecasts
- Delivering the month end P&L, providing meaningful variance analysis to budget, forecast and last year
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Delivering the budget and quarterly forecasts following review with budget holders
- Liaise with Auditors on Year End accounts, ensuring you explain the prepayments/accruals held at year end
- Support on ad hoc corporate or departmental initiatives/projects, driven by the corporate agenda
- Provide day to day support to the Commercial Analysts
- Train, Coach and Develop the Commercial Analysts
- Take ownership for conducting regular one to one meetings and appraisals in a timely manner for your team, setting clear and achievable (SMART) objectives and ensuring development plans are in place
- Act as a lead example to drive engagement, ensuring a high level of service is offered within the business at all times
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.